Sunday, March 16, 2014

Seedy Behavior

The days are getting warmer and growing season is here at last; indoor that is.
Darling and I picked up some seeds and soil today and as soon as we were home I took everything to the basement and got down and dirty.

After making toilet paper rolls into little potters I planted each seed and labeled them for later. Then I moved everything to containers and bases for water control. 

For now, everything is being grown inside until the weather warms up a bit more and until the little seedlings sprout. The large pot in the container that looks like it has a sideways stick in it is really a transplanted blackberry sprout! This is my first time growing anything other than veggies and herbs so I'm pretty excited about it. I'll have to transplant it again into a much larger pot once it is bigger but I can keep it in a pot because it is a thorn-less variety so it can grow as a bush with no problems of stabbing me! 


All the herbs are in the other pots to the right. Here is another shot of the veggies. 

It looks like a lot but I am growing three of each so I can later thread out the weaker ones and pick only one or two of each. Also, a bit of them are greens which don't take up nearly as much room as the rest. I just pray I have enough room in the back with pots, our postage stamp yard, and front yard so that everything grows well. 


Here is a list of what we are growing this year:

lettuce
collards
spinach
tomato
cucumber
zucchini
sweet peppers
pepperoncini
winter squash
green beans
cabbage
blackberries
parsley
oregano
thyme
cilantro
basil
lavender
chives
rosemary

2 comments:

  1. You will have enough veggies for a LOVELY salad....all summer!! :D If your blackberry shoot takes off, you should try blackberry cobbler. So YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope so. I have to plant new seeds for a lot of them though so everything is going to get a bit of a late start... I'll go into that on another post though ♥

    ReplyDelete