Friday, June 6, 2014

Rocky Situation

 Spring is starting to turn into summer. I really don't want to write this post because it is so pathetic but I gotta keep things real. I am still not done with my garden. *sigh* While I have planted all my herbs in pots already along with the blackberry bush in a large pot removed the wood chips from all the beds, tilled most of all the beds, and planted the two smaller beds, this, is what my main bed still looks like. 
It is only partly weeded and tilled and rocks removed. The plus side is that I did finish on the other small, long side about a week ago and now it looks like this.


I mean, I would love to have all my garden looking like this...




but alas, I procrastinate, the rain keeps falling and making it hard to work in the soggy soil, and I'm fighting a hard battle with the slew of pebbles the earth spits at me. Yeah, my ground has so many stupid little rocks in it that I took a leftover moving box and have filled it half way full of little rock! errrg. So, my garden is still not all planted.
I want to be honest with you all. Life isn't perfect even when its bliss. We will still have a crop; it might not be a large or multiple harvests but it will come and I will finish the garden...before winter. 

So far I have planted:

basil
thyme
parsley
oregano
cilantro
chives
blackberries
winter squashes (including butternut, spaghetti, and acorn)
green beans
sweet peppers
zucchini
cucumbers

In the big bed, I plan on growing all the greens, tomatoes, sunflowers, and chamomile and in another large put, lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment