Monday, June 2, 2014

To the Beach

For our second day on vacation, we decided to take it easy and go to the beach all day.


It was Buttons first time at a beach ever so we were excited to see what he thought of it. For the most part, he really liked it; though, he is not a fan of the water. I think it was a little too cold for him. The plus side is that we never had to worry about him trying to run into the water alone! 

 Another plus is that he didn't try to eat the sand... not even once! I was so sure he would try to eat it since he is going through that phase and I've heard that that's a common reaction of toddlers at the beach. 

No, my little man was far too interested in being annoying social with the surrounding tanners to bother with the sand.
Going to the beach was one of the biggest highlights of our trip and I was so happy we all enjoyed it. I even caught darling building a sand castle and burying our son in the sand (whom, by the way, though that was actually really funny). 


We are just so blessed to have family that lives just a few miles from the beach now! There was even a big filed of wildflowers that we had the chance to fly our kit at while Button "picked" 'mamma' flowers.

I can see many more days of sandy toes and swimming in the ocean in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment